Tuesday, July 5, 2011

CARROT CAKE 


Yesterday was my dad's birthday (4th o' July baby!) so I made him a carrot cake.  Carrot cake has always been one of my favorites, and I was so pumped to make one for my dad this weekend.  I was originally going to make a gluten free cake but I forgot my recipe card at home so I followed a food blogger recipe for the cake instead and made a walnut cream cheese frosting using a few different recipes as inspiration.

Here's what I did for the frosting:

1 8oz package of cream cheese (you can use light if you want)
4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup walnuts
1 tsp vanilla extract

Put the walnuts in a food processor and mix until they become fine or start to stick together.  The point of this is to make a pysudo "walnut butter" but not quiet as sticky.  Cream together the "walnut butter," cream cheese, and vanilla in a mixer.  Once everything is well combined, start adding the powdered sugar.  Ta da!  Cream cheese frostin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment