Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Vegan Coconut Date Ice Cream



I found this recipe on this blog: http://wingitvegan.blogspot.com/2011/02/teeccino-winners-and-date-sweetened-ice.html and I thought I'd try it out.  I was really happy with how my batch turned out.  It's a really sweet ice cream but not sugary sweet, more earth sweet (from the fruit).  Anyways, give it a try--it's delicious!


Here is the recipe (I made a few adjustments from the one on the blog):
1 cup oz pitted dates 
1/2 cup water
1 14 oz can coconut milk
2 tsp vanilla extract

In a sauce pan combine the water and dates and let it come to a boil.  Once it does, remove from heat and let the dates soak for 15 minutes.



Combine the coconut milk, vanilla extract, and dates+their water into a blender and mix until smooth.


Using a fine mesh strainer pour the mixture right into your ice cream maker as it spins.  Let the ice cream churn until it won't churn no mo'!  I think mine took around 15 to 20 min.  Put mixture into a container and freeze right away to let it harden.  ENJOY!


*In the last 5 min of the churning process feel free to add in chocolate chunks or walnut chunks would be fantastic too!

No comments:

Post a Comment